Some say business (and sales specifically) is all about relationships.
With your clients, your potential customers, your suppliers, and your network of connections. And of course, with your internal colleagues as well.
Do you have strong, solid, trusted relationships?
What have you been doing lately to build your business relationships?
Regardless of what you’ve done, or what you plan to do – all of your actions (and intentions) must be genuine.
Here are a few ideas to get you started on brainstorming ways to focus on this critical element:
- Don’t underestimate the power of a phone call – to say hello, to check in, to listen
- A handwritten note goes a long way, especially if you know your contacts well enough to have their home addresses
- Consider hosting a happy hour in your area or as a component of an upcoming business trip
- Look for your next formal or informal mentor within your current network – or be willing to post on social media that you are wanting advice, guidance, and introductions for something specific like a mentor
- Reach out to someone you only work with occasionally – and ask how you can help them achieve their goals
- Connect with someone you know who seems to be a natural at some of the human dynamic elements, and collaborate together
Yes, it sometimes feels like there aren’t enough hours in the day; but do not lose sight of how important genuine relationships can be for you now, and in the future.
You will not regret the time spent building these valuable and critical relationships.
(Photo credit Christina @ wocintechchat)